Friday, January 6, 2017

Food for Eating: All The Superfoods

I made this delightful salad during the week, and as I was assembling the ingredients realised that I had the who's who of Superfoods all in the one bowl: quinoa, kale, blueberries, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and avocado being the key food celebs. This recipe is fast, easy and I think most would have the staple ingredients at home already. This is great with smoky barbecued chicken, but please yourself I say. While I have never warmed to kale, I actually really enjoyed it in this, I think primarily because you remove the stems and chop the kale leaves into very manageable pieces. If like me you aren't a fan of kale, chop it a little finer - but not so much that you squash the leaves and get that horrible squidgy effect.

Who says you can't win friends with salad?

Kale, Quinoa and Blueberries Salad




No comments: